Physical Education Teacher
My role as a Physical Education Teacher is to educate students to become lifelong learners of wellness by participating in activities that develop behaviors which encourage good health, develop appropriate social skills, and promote physical fitness in and outside the educational setting.
- SUNY Cortland- B.S. in Physical Education. 4-year member of the SUNY Cortland Baseball Team.
- Ithaca College – Master’s Degree in Physical Education.
- University of Virginia – Endorsement in Administration and Supervision.
- Taught in APS since 1994 at Randolph Elementary School, Washington-Lee High School and Arlington Traditional School.
- High School Baseball Coach at Washington-Lee High School 1996-2017.
- Fairfax High School Baseball Coach 2018-present.
I enjoy spending time with my wife Marji Dwyer, who is also a teacher for Arlington Public Schools, and my three boys Jason, Jacob and Jack.
My favorite book to read is “The Life You Imagine: Life Lessons for Achieving Your Dreams” by Derek Jeter. Derek Jeter is my favorite athlete and I enjoy reading about his life and what has made him successful.